From:
Date:
Sun, 21 Apr 2013 20:26:00 -0400
From: "Lucraft, Mithu" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 13:48:22 +0000

***Apologies for cross posting ***

We hope the following will be of interest to list members

Best regards,  Mithu

****

SAGE supports library travel grant for ALPSP International Conference 2013

Los Angeles, CA (19 April 2013) – SAGE has announced it will be
sponsoring a librarian place again at this year's Association of
Learned and Professional Society Publishers (ALPSP) International
conference. The annual event takes place this year from Wednesday 11
to Friday 13 September 2013 in Birmingham, United Kingdom.

As a world-leading independent academic and professional publisher,
SAGE has supported the ALPSP conference as a sponsor since its launch
in 2008. This is the third year SAGE has supported a librarian travel
grant at the event, which provides  a free place at the conference for
a librarian or information professional, including entry to the ALPSP
awards dinner, travel within the UK, and accommodation for one person.

“We are delighted that SAGE is once again running their librarian
travel grant competition, to encourage librarians to attend and
importantly, to meet new friends and start new conversations with the
publishing community.  Previous winners have commented on how useful
they found the conference and we look forward to welcoming this year’s
winner,” Said Audrey McCulloch, Chief Executive of ALPSP.

To enter the competition to win a sponsored place librarians must
answer the following question in 140 characters or less either via
email or via Twitter to @SAGELibraryNews:

Question – What would be your top tip to give students about
conducting research?

The winner of the 2012 travel grant, Stephen Buck, EResources and
Periodicals Librarian at Dublin City University Library said, "I was a
delighted to be given the ALPSP award last year. It was a great
opportunity to broaden my exposure to, and awareness of, the issues
affecting publishers and their relationships with libraries and to
provide an enhanced perspective on relevant themes that have helped
facilitate the generation of ideas and building of expertise moving
forwards.”

“In an environment where both the education and research landscapes
are rapidly evolving, it is increasingly important that both
librarians and publishers work together to support the dissemination
of knowledge,” said Clive Parry, Global Marketing Director, SAGE. “The
ALPSP Conference has become a pivotal conference for understanding
these changes, and provides an engaging environment for open dialogue
between publishers and librarians. We are delighted to once again be
supporting ALPSP in facilitating this conversation.”

Completed answers should be sent to @SAGElibraryNews tagged with
#ALPSP or by email to [log in to unmask] The closing date is Friday
24th May.

See here for further details. For more information about the
conference please visit www.alpspconference.org.

# # #

SAGE is a leading international publisher of journals, books, and
electronic media for academic, educational, and professional markets.
Since 1965, SAGE has helped inform and educate a global community of
scholars, practitioners, researchers, and students spanning a wide
range of subject areas including business, humanities, social
sciences, and science, technology, and medicine. An independent
company, SAGE has principal offices in Los Angeles, London, New Delhi,
Singapore and Washington DC. www.sagepublications.com

ALPSP was formed in 1972 and is the international organization for
non-profit publishers. It has a broad and diverse membership of over
320 organizations in 37 countries who collectively publish over half
of the world's total active journals as well as books, databases and
other products. ALPSP provides information, professional development,
guidance, support, representation, networking opportunities and an
international conference. www.alpsp.org

Mithu Lucraft (Mrs)
PR Manager
SAGE Publications Ltd