From:
Date:
Sun, 2 Dec 2012 11:04:48 -0500
From: Peter Binfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 11:54:32 -0800

Thanks Sandy

Copyediting is not provided (as is the case with many journals, PLoS ONE
included).

The copyright statement is perhaps badly worded. It is simply intended to
indicate that if an author uses copyrighted material for which they would
normally need to seek permission, then they should have received permission
from the copyright owners (that is the " been made available" part) to make
that material available within a paper which has a CC BY 3.0 license. i.e.
it doesn't mean that the re-used material must have been originally
published under that license.

Pete