From:
Date:
Thu, 14 Jan 2016 18:59:11 -0500
From: "Bondar, Audrey" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2016 19:28:53 +0000

I posted to the list last week asking for information as to what is
used for nursing CE at your institutions.  Below is a summary of the
information.  I really appreciate it!  --Audrey

Nursing Reference Center from EBSCO

One of our nurse practitioners started nursing grand round about 3
years ago. Once a month we have a 1-hour session. On alternating
months it is at 8 am or 12 pm in different buildings of the hospital.

She receives ideas for grand rounds from the audience and the nursing directors.

She works together with the staff developers to get the CE credits.

Oncology Nursing Society has CE courses available

Grand Rounds

HealthStream – our online learning system for staff competencies

In house educational opportunities – sim lab, skills day, classroom learning

Medscape

National Nursing Practice Network

Online webinars

Regional, state and national conferences

UpToDate

Various annual local conferences facilitated by our Staff Development Department

CINAHL with the CE Center (2)

Audrey Bondar
Librarian
Henry Ford Hospital