From:
Date:
Sun, 4 Aug 2013 17:47:39 -0400
From: "Timmann, Claudia" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2013 14:46:39 +0000

Good day Collective Wisdom!

I hope this note finds you all well.

I have an interesting request and I do wonder the impact on you all as well.

Recently Elsevier Science decided to charge us upwards of 520% for our
collection because of being a for profit doctoral granting
institution.  We had the College Edition collection.

My request:  Without sharing specific cost, could you please share the
approximate amount/range that you pay for full text views (FTV) and
for your ES subscription?!  So, for example, currently our FTV cost
hits a range of .10 to .12 cents and ES is asking that we pay an
increased subscription rate upwards of about $100k instead of about
$18k.

I am also interested in an approximation of your Science Direct
subscription too.

The reason for this ask is because our executive leader wants to see
industry standards, which of course are not published-as you are aware
of.  Any assistance would be helpful!

Thank you!

Claudia Timmann
Academic Library Director