From:
Date:
Tue, 2 Jul 2013 21:19:47 -0400
From: Joseph Esposito <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2013 21:44:28 -0400

Jean-Claude,

Surely you are correct that all publishers are rascals and that the
motivation for making money is as bad as Marx told it was, but I must
ask you:  Have you ever tried to get a university to pay a bill?
Presumably you are on staff somewhere and don't get to see what it
means for an organization to be inept.  The paranoid among us could
come to believe that the crazy bureaucracy of a university's accounts
payable department is actually a ploy not to pay bills at all.

I urge you not to confuse incompetence with actual malice and to leave
conspiracy theories to the followers of the Kennedy assassination.

Joe Esposito