From:
Date:
Sun, 24 Jun 2012 22:01:16 -0400
From: Kevin Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 05:11:35 +0000

So what is the current scenario?  Major research university gives away
it intellectual property, to publishers, has to buy it back at very
high cost, then cuts faculty for lack of funding.  What is ridiculous
is that anyone could seriously maintain that OA is not a more sensible
option.

Kevin L. Smith, J.D.
Director of Scholarly Communication
Duke University