From:
Date:
Sun, 20 Apr 2014 18:23:53 -0400
From: "Bhatt, Anjana" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 17:16:01 +0000

We conduct more than 30 to 40 trials in an academic year but we have
never been asked to sign a license agreement for a trial.  All we
provide is our IP ranges because we do have a policy to not to set up
trials with use ID and passwords etc.

I think you should explain to them that you can sign an agreement only
in case of a purchase.  You can also state that it is not your policy
to sign agreement for the trial and if the vendor still does not back
down then you have an option to not to trial their product, resulting
which they will surely not get any business from you.

I perfectly agree with you about legal department not willing to go
through the review and signature formalities when the product may not
even be purchased.

My two cents>>>> good luck.

Anjana

Thank you.

Anjana  H. Bhatt
University Librarian (Electronic Resources)
Florida Gulf Coast University
10501, FGCU Blvd (South)
Fort Myers, FL: 33965-6565
E-mail: [log in to unmask]