From:
Date:
Sun, 28 Jul 2013 17:25:31 -0400
From: Jan Velterop <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2013 09:21:56 +0200

Members of the LibLicense-L list,

We are inviting feedback, from researchers, students, and librarians,
on the unique features of the Utopia Documents semantic scientific
interactive PDF-reader (it's a mouthful, I'm sorry) and the semantic
AQnowledge Bookmarklet. These are free tools that enable researchers
and students to navigate knowledge easily even when the scientific
literature (or any other scientific content) being studied doesn't
itself provide link-outs or other navigation tools.  Although these
tools are currently being used by some publishers, they are completely
publisher-independent and publisher-agnostic, giving researchers and
students the additional benefits of opportunistic discovery and
serendipity from whichever scientific content they are reading. The
tools are optimised for the life- and biomedical sciences, including
biochemistry. Utopia Documents is available for Mac as well as Windows
and Linux, and the AQnowledge Bookmarklet works in any browser.

The tools can be freely downloaded from
http://aqnowledge.com/aqnowledge-semantic-knowledge-navigation-overview.html
and freely shared. Although Utopia Documents invites users to register
upon installation, this is not a requirement.

We eagerly await feedback.

Many thanks,

Jan Velterop
AQnowledge