From:
Date:
Mon, 1 Apr 2013 19:13:42 -0400
From: Sandy Thatcher <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 15:40:21 -0500

Sorry for the mistake, Ari.  Do you consider game theory to be
"scientific"? It is heavily used by political scientists and was
co-invented by someone most people would consider a scientist, John
Von Neumann.

Sandy Thatcher

****
From: Ari Belenkiy <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 17:21:54 -0700

This is indeed the case for the string theory, Sandy. (You misspelled
my name though). And some physicists (like Lee Smolin) often raise
their voice on that issue.

But despite of this drawback (of being ambivalent on the status of the
string theory), Physics is a science. It falsified many theories,
starting with those by Aristotle and finishing with recent
steady-state theory (of continuous creation).

While again - I have never heard that Political science disproved
anything. Even Marx's theory still flourishes, though probably is less
visible than at its heyday.

Ari Belenkiy