From:
Date:
Tue, 15 Jan 2013 17:50:40 -0500
From: Anthony Watkinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 09:04:11 +0000

Joe

You misunderstand me and perhaps both of us. In my case I was providing
history, Because of the work of people like Sally and of course Ann Okerson
there has been a great deal of convergence in the drafting of clauses and
the clauses which contracts contain. At least that is my impression. Others
may correct. There are companies (alas) where the corporate lawyers or (even
worse) the legal people they bring in from outside do ignore the consensus
that has developed in various areas. There is no need to invent new
restrictions or permissions. It just adds to cost. Following models save
money. It is pity some people do not seem to realise this.

Anthony