From:
Date:
Thu, 28 Feb 2013 18:09:26 -0500
From: Patrick Alexander <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 11:28:15 -0500

Colleagues on Liblicense,

I have been a member of this listserv for more years than I care to
remember, and I don’t recall ever posting anything. That statement may
reflect the onset of early senility rather than the truth, but the point
stands: I do not generally weigh in. Recent posts by retired Penn State Press
director Sandy Thatcher, however, which sound a rather ex cathedra
voice on behalf of the press, give me pause. Mr. Thatcher is extraordinarily
capable and conversant in matters of scholarly communication. He does
not, however, speak in any capacity for the press. Views stated in his
most recent posts about the Chronicle of Higher Education article, “Aaron
Schwarz was Right,” by professor Peter Ludlow, are strictly his own, and do
not represent the views of The Pennsylvania State University Press. Thank
you for your understanding in this matter.

Sincerely,
Patrick Alexander

Patrick H. Alexander
Director