From:
Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 2014 18:54:08 -0700
From: "Schemm, Ylann (ELS-AMS)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 16:44:48 +0000

Dear colleagues, I'd like to alert you to the upcoming conference
which brings together key stakeholders in ensuring critical content
for the developing world.  Best regards,  Ylann Schemm, Elsevier
Foundation

Books for Development Conference - B4D

Providing people in developing countries with access to books The
George Washington University, Washington, D. C.

June 2 - 4, 2014

Register now for the early bird discount!

Mission

The power of books to inspire, promote beneficial movements, and
transform societies is widely acknowledged. Despite widespread
understanding of the good that books can do, there remain serious
challenges in making books available to populations most in need - the
underprivileged, particularly those in developing countries.

Scope

The conference will address intertwined challenges of publishing for
under served populations: content delivery and business models. The
forum will bring together leaders in publishing, technology,
distribution and economic development to answer many questions
including:

* How can we develop sustainable business models for publishers,
booksellers and distributors serving the under-privileged?

* How can we exploit the cost advantages of production and
distribution of e-publications in geographic areas with limited
electronic infrastructure?

* What is the current role of government policy and regulation in
promoting or inhibiting availability of books?

* How can advances in technology and funding enhance the value of
library services for underserved populations?

*  . . . and much more

Who Should Attend?

The Books for Development (B4D) Conference is an international forum
for everyone vested or interested in the role of books, both print and
e-formats, in promoting economic and social development. This is a
"not to be missed" event, an unrivalled educational and networking
opportunity.

Supporting Organizations

* George Washington University

* United Nations

* World Health Organization

* Benetech

* Georgetown University Press

* World Bank

* Brookings Institution

Register here -   http://www.books4development.org/registration

Check our website for updated conference and program information.

http://www.books4development.org

For sponsorship information, please contact Janice Kuta, Marketing &
Event Director [log in to unmask]

Follow us on twitter @books4dev