From:
Date:
Sun, 13 Apr 2014 12:06:38 +0100
From: Liana Giovando <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 15:04:18 -0400

Hello list members,

I am writing on behalf of the Ontario Colleges Library Service (OCLS)
located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.  The OCLS was established early
in 2009 as a non-profit corporation to provide a suite of services to
the libraries and learning resource centres of Ontario's 24
publicly-funded colleges of Applied Arts and Technology.

Among other services, OCLS negotiates licensing terms and pricing with
vendors, arranges trials for new electronic resources, and facilitates
subscription renewals on behalf of Ontario colleges.

OCLS is currently seeking a solution to display permitted uses of
electronic resources to library patrons. Display information would
answer questions such as, "Can I make multiple print copies of this
article?", "Can I share this article with my colleague outside of the
college?", "Can I post a link to this article online?" etc. Ideally
the solution would display permitted uses at the point of consumption
so that any user of an electronic resource will encounter the
information immediately upon discovering a title.

Please respond to me directly by email ([log in to unmask]) if you
are willing to share your experiences with (or suggestions for) a
possible solution.  So far we are considering the following list of
products and vendors:

OCUL-OUR
Mondo Grinder
CORAL