From:
Date:
Mon, 21 Dec 2015 21:39:22 -0500
From: Thomas Landreth <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2015 20:14:46 +0000

The American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS),
publisher of the Science family of journals, would like to share some
important information with you.

Effective 12 January 2016, AAAS will launch a redesigned website that
will make it easier for your readers to access, read, and share
articles using a responsive web design that provides an optimal
viewing and interaction experience across a wide range of devices from
desktop to mobile phones. The new, streamlined design will feature
more accessible article content, one-click article references, sharing
tools, enhanced infometrics, and much more.

As part of the redesign our URL structures will be changing. As such,
you will need to update your library systems to ensure your patrons
are able to access your subscription holdings.

We also are rebranding Science Express, our pre-publication service.
Articles published ahead of print will now be called “First Release”.

We have been working with important third-party service providers like
OCLC, Serial Solutions and Summons. They have implemented the new URL
structures so your library systems will automatically redirect to the
new web pages.

For those using EZproxy, you will need to update the database stanza
in your config.txt file to the following:

Title Science - AAAS

URL http://www.sciencemag.org

HJ science.sciencemag.org

HJ stm.sciencemag.org

HJ stke.sciencemag.org

HJ advances.sciencemag.org

DJ sciencemag.org

In addition to updating your EZproxy stanza, be sure to also update
any starting point URLs on your library's website or in your library
catalog that link to these resources. These links could be located on
pages including, but not limited to, A-to-Z lists, LibGuides, 856
links, or course management systems.

The EZproxy Stanza page for Science – AAAS is:
https://www.oclc.org/support/services/ezproxy/documentation/db/science.en.html

If you do not use a third-party service for authentication, you will
need to update your back-end library systems prior to 12 January 2016.
Please download this PDF announcement:
http://promo.aaas.org/URL_Structure_Changes_Effective_12_January_2016-Chart.pdf

We anticipate a smooth rollover to the newly optimized site. However,
if you have any issues or questions a member of our customer service
team will be happy to help resolve them.

AAAS/Science Site Licensing Department
+1-866-265-4152 (toll-free in the USA)
+1-202-326-6730 (outside the USA)

Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday – 9:00am - 5:30pm (EST)

Thank you,

Tom Ryan
Director, AAAS/Science