From:
Date:
Wed, 9 Dec 2015 16:45:09 -0500
From: Ann Shumelda Okerson <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2015 16:42:06 -0500

In answer to my own question, it just occurred to me that one
organization that monitors and pays attention to such matters is
Outsell -- many readers are likely aware of their daily news
announcements (Outsell Information Industry Headlines) and other
services and reports?  For its clients, Outsell monitors the overall
market closely and often writes about what types of transactions might
be coming down the pike.  Analysts cover the STM (Deni Auclair) and
Information Management (Jim Hydock) markets, for example.  While most
of these reports are not so easily accessible for librarians, it's
still worth following if/as we can.

And of course this whole thread began with a citation to David
Warlock, whose blog (davidworlock.com) is worth our attention.  I'm
not advertising, just listing a couple of helpful sources!!  If you
know of others, please send them along!  Cheers, Ann