From:
Date:
Thu, 21 Nov 2013 16:12:10 -0500
From: Danny Kingsley <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 05:38:10 +0000

You really need to read the fine print. Chemistry has traditionally
been fairly reluctant to fully engage with open access. But the
announcement from the Royal Society of Chemistry seems like a great
step in the right direction (a subject-based repository for
chemistry), until you look at the detail:

****The initial release will provide an article repository as a
central point through which users can access the Royal Society of
Chemistry's open access articles, whether they are funded immediate
open access articles, or articles that must be made open access after
an embargo period, such as those funded by RCUK, the Wellcome Trust or
NIH. This article repository will be available at the end of October
2013.

The repository will point to the Article of Record as the primary
source. It will make open access versions of the article available
when any embargo period expires*****

It is not a repository as we know it..

Danny

Dr Danny Kingsley