From:
Date:
Sun, 18 May 2014 21:00:47 -0400
From: Todd Puccio <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 13:50:12 +0000

Thank You Sandy.

Just like anybody else, college faculty members will try to make their
jobs easier.  Some of the new Online Class materials offer that.
But, nothing is free.

The faculty just don't realize how much it costs their students. And
maybe they don't care.  Textbook and Classroom support materials have
always been the responsibility of the student.  It is part of the cost
of a university education.  An art student buys his/her own supplies.

This is isn't primary school.  The classroom doesn't have an arts and
crafts or a book budget.

Open Textbooks may offer some help :

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=14&ved=0CHgQFjAN&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F2014%2F04%2F18%2Fliving%2Fopen-textbooks-online-education-resources%2F&ei=VBR2U_KGJcWXqAaL44CwCg&usg=AFQjCNEga0gGQfHgXDIQyKSCF-oWrZ5pyA&bvm=bv.66699033,d.b2k

Todd Puccio
Director of Technical Services / Librarian
Nova Southeastern University
Health Professions Division Library
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33328