From:
Date:
Mon, 31 Mar 2014 19:38:13 -0400
From: Anthony Watkinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 00:10:43 +0100

I am surprised that you are surprised Jim. It makes no difference whether it
is a short note, a review or a standard article. The form of the copyright
transfer should the same because downstream agreements are based upon the
assumption that it is. If you think that publishers of subscription journals
should not ask for copyright yes that is fair enough, but it is standard in
the US.

Anthony