From:
"Gamboa, Camille" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2012 21:16:58 +0000
Dear Colleagues:

Please see below an opportunity for all US librarians.

Thank you,

Camille Gamboa
PR Associate
SAGE Publications Inc
T: 805-410-7441

Old meets New ALA Midwinter Photo Contest

Send us a photo of how your library connects the old with the new for a chance to win a $500 Amazon Gift Card

Librarians regularly connect historical treasures of the near-and-distant past with new research discoveries. Here at SAGE, we are constantly inspired by your efforts as we invent new ways to connect the old with the new in the world of scholarly publishing.  With our recent acquisition of Adam Matthew, a publisher and digitizer of primary resource collections from medieval family life to 20th century history, merging past and present is at the forefront of our minds. That's why we're inviting you to show us how your organization is successfully taking fresh approaches to old tasks:

How does your library connect the old with the new?

From now until January 7, 2013, send us a digital copy of your original photograph that creatively depicts the merging of old and new resources and technologies for a chance to win one of the following 3 prizes:

1st Place: $500 Amazon Gift Card
2nd place: $100 Amazon Gift Card
3rd place: $100 Amazon Gift Card

How will the winners be chosen? If you are attending the ALA Midwinter meeting, come by the SAGE Booth (# 2013) to see all of the submissions on our photo wall and vote for yourself! The photo submission that receives the most votes by ALA Midwinter attendees will win the contest and the prize. Winners will be announced by Friday, February 1.

Please visit http://www.facebook.com/SAGELibraryNews?v=app_192229990808929&app_data=gaReferrerOverride%3D to read contest details and rules and to submit your entry.

Are you a fan of SAGE? Show us at www.facebook.com/SAGEPublications.