From:
Date:
Mon, 20 May 2013 18:41:27 -0400
From: Ann Okerson <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 18:33:38 -0400

Of possible interest.

http://www.publishers.org/press/105/

Association of Educational Publishers, Association of American
Publishers to Merge

Monday, 20 May 2013 | Andi Sporkin

Washington, DC and Wilmington, DE; May 20, 2013 — The Association of
Educational Publishers and the Association of American Publishers are
pleased to announce an agreement to merge, combining AEP’s quality
programming and professional development with AAP’s public policy
advocacy to provide the strongest services for the preK-12 education
publishing industry in a rapidly changing environment.

“We are especially proud of the programs we’ve developed at AEP and
are glad that they will be continued and enhanced,” said Lee Wilson,
President of the Board of AEP. “Through this partnership, we will be
able to support professionals across the industry in deeper, richer
ways.”

“There’s been a synergy between AAP and AEP since we produced our
first joint initiative in 2011. Our industry has evolved dramatically
since then and will continue to do so. This merger is a logical next
step to serve the longterm interests of preK-12 publisher members with
a full range of programs, representation and services,” said Jay
Diskey, Executive Director, School Division, AAP. “This decision
reflects the evolution underway at AAP and gives AEP’s activities
greater scope and scalability.”

[SNIP]