From:
Date:
Tue, 17 Sep 2013 22:05:18 -0400
From: Wiley Online Library <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 9:23 AM

Notice of user download limits

Wiley Online Library

Dear Colleague:

I would like to add some further clarification to my notice sent to
you on 5 September. The download limit on Wiley Online Library comes
into effect when there are more than 100 downloads in a rolling
24-hour period for a single registered user, including those with
remote access. Anyone accessing through their IP or proxy, if not
signed in as a registered user, is not affected. This represents 95%+
of Wiley Online Library usage. We are exploring other ways to limit
systematic downloading but not in a manner that would impede the
legitimate access of researchers and students. We’re taking this
action to prevent systematic downloads, generally conducted by
illegitimate users gaining unauthorized access to your institution’s
user credentials. We will closely monitor the impact to make sure that
it does not cause problems for legitimate users. If that is the case
we will of course revisit the policy. Our account managers and all
customer-facing Wiley colleagues are prepared to be of assistance, but
if you do have a particular incident of a legitimate user hitting the
limit, please bring it to our attention at

Thank you.

Christopher M. McKenzie
Vice President, Global Intellectual Property Management
Global Legal