From:
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2012 21:03:54 -0400
From: Jill Rodgers <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 15:56:21 +0000

For Immediate Release

July 24, 2012

The MIT Press Announces Mobile Version of Journals Website

The MIT Press is pleased to announce that the website of its Journals
division, mitpressjournals.org, is now optimized for use on mobile
devices. This beta mobile version is compatible with the iPhone,
Blackberry, and Android devices. All regular article content from the
full site is available through the mobile version, as well as the
content within our Just Accepted and Early Access programs.

Article content, which largely consists of files in PDF format, will
be broken into regions, which render better on small devices. On
larger tablets, such as the iPad, the articles will appear as full
PDFs. Selected titles are already available in full text HTML and more
titles will be available in that format in the near future. “The
number of users accessing our articles via mobile devices is growing
exponentially,” says Nick Lindsay, Journals Director for the MIT
Press. “We’re thrilled to be able to offer a well-optimized site for
those readers.”

Subscribers are encouraged to sign in through their user accounts and
experience the mobile-optimized site for themselves. Users operating
beneath the umbrella of a campus library subscription can access the
mobile site seamlessly through their institution’s network.
Non-subscribers are encouraged to browse free content. The site is
still in beta and we welcome feedback from all users; comments
regarding the mobile site can be submitted through the online contact
form. For assistance with accessing your user account, please contact
our customer service team at [log in to unmask]

Jill Rodgers

Marketing Manager
MIT Press Journals
55 Hayward Street