From:
Date:
Thu, 25 Sep 2014 23:56:40 -0400
From: Elizabeth Ayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 17:37:30 +0000

Below is a response from the AMS Associate Executive Director,
Publishing regarding the Swets bankruptcy filing. While we realize
that there have been many posts to the listserv regarding Swets, this
message provides details about the AMS commitment to working
individually with institutions, and our offer to grace institutions
who have already paid Swets for 2015.  We also post announcements and
resources on our page for librarians on ams.org:
<http://www.ams.org/publications/librarian>

-Beth Ayer, AMS Web Editor

through Swets & Zeitlinger Group BV, prior to their announcement on
September 22, 2014, to ensure that institutions receive uninterrupted
access to our publications and database products.

We ask that your institution provides the AMS with proof of payment
for 2015 products. We would also ask that you commit to subscribe to
those same products for the following year, 2016.

AMS will work with you to be certain you do not have to pay a second
time for your 2015 subscriptions. Note that if the product is
available in electronic format, electronic only access will be
granted.  For print only products, the AMS will provide print format.

As a scientific society as well as publisher, our mission is to
provide a stable environment for the dissemination of scholarship and
research. We believe this policy best reflects that mission.

Your commitment to subscribe in 2016 should be a good faith
commitment. We hope that the money paid for subscriptions is recovered
and eventually applied for its original purchase. If only a portion is
recovered and returned to the institutions, we hope to receive a
proportional share in return for our pledge of uninterrupted service.

Note that if you have not yet paid for your 2015 subscriptions, we
would be happy to work either directly with your institution or
through your preferred agent.

Please contact Lori Sprague ([log in to unmask]) if you have any questions
about this notification or your AMS product subscriptions.

Sincerely,

Robert Harington, PHD
Associate Executive Director, Publishing
American Mathematical Society

Elizabeth Ayer
Web Editor
American Mathematical Society