From:
Date:
Thu, 13 Jun 2013 13:24:24 -0400
From: Winston Tabb <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 19:25:25 +0000

Dear Jean-Claude:

SHARES was created by universities and libraries based on the belief
that what is created by the academy should be made available and
preserved by the academy, as a signal of our commitment to open
dissemination of information.  It was developed without awareness of
CHORUS, so is not an intentional "counterattack.". It is an
affirmation of our commitment to our mission.  We do not need CHORUS;
we need to SHARE.