From:
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 2014 22:19:46 +0100
From: Julie Therizols <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 17:28:13 +0200

Dear Librarian,

We are happy to celebrate with you the National Library Week beginning
on April 13th!

Since 2011 OpenEdition has developped a freemium programme in favor of
the development of open access publishing in the social sciences and
humanities; this programme is funded on the partnership with libraries
and aims at creating an innovative and sustainable economic model for
academic publishing.

We would like to honour our partners during this very special week and
invite you to (re)discover the 1,250 books published on our portal
OpenEdition Books. We are keen to underline that 70% of our books are
in open access (html) available for all users and therefore listed in
the DOAB. Only the formats 'reading mode', PDF and ePub linked to many
dedicated services are for sale as premium services.

Have a look at our Social Sciences and Humanities catalogue, entirely
validated by our scientific committee, which includes prestigious
publishers like College de France, CNRS, IRD Editions, EHESS...

It includes the social sciences and humanities in the broad sense (top
down number of publications):

history and archeology,

sociology and anthropology,

arts & humanities,

political science, public administration and development,

environmental studies, geography and development,

literature,

economics,

library, information and communication sciences,

language and linguistics,

etc...

For any book sale happening during the National Library Week please
apply a special discount of 20% and benefit from all the services we
developed for libraries. Among them: a very professional website,
ergonomic formats with useful tools (quote, sharing options, font
etc), statistics of usage since 2010, all this without DRM nor quotas!
See all services.

We can open you a personalized library account where to manage your
quote and purchase. Alternatively you can send us your spreadsheet
list of books (please mention permanent or yearly purchase, per title
or per package (additional discount of 10%)) and apply the special
discount of 20% on the net price. Please find our price list here
(down the page).

Contact us for any additional information at:

or by phone +33 413 551 297 / 550 227.

We invite you to consult our programme description with some more details.

About OpenEdition:

OpenEdition serves the humanities and social sciences research
communities through four publication and information platforms:
OpenEdition Books (books series), Revues.org founded in 1999 (over 400
scientific journals), Calenda, (over 25,000 academic announcements),
and Hypotheses (over 800 research blogs). OpenEdition is a non-profit
public initiative promoting Open Access academic publishing, with the
support of the main French research institutions (Aix-Marseille
University, CNRS, EHESS, Avignon University). OpenEdition is member of
OASPA. Since 2011, OpenEdition is complemented by a Freemium programme
addressing libraries' specific needs in a variety of formats and
services.

http://www.openedition.org

Come and meet us on our stand in ALA!