From:
Date:
Wed, 2 Mar 2016 18:24:01 -0500
From: Sandy Thatcher <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2016 22:54:31 -0600

Are you saying, Kevin, that copyright no longer works for any
industry, or is it just the scholarly publishing industry you want to
see relieved of copyright protection?  Do you believe, say, musicians
should just give away their music for free and try to make a living on
concerts, selling t-shirts, etc.? How about trade book authors, or
authors of textbooks?  How about painters or sculptors, or film
makers, etc.?

Sandy Thatcher

--
Sanford G. Thatcher
Frisco, TX  75034-5514

"If a book is worth reading, it is worth buying."-John Ruskin (1865)

"The reason why so few good books are written is that so few people
who can write know anything."-Walter Bagehot (1853)

"Logic, n. The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with
the limitations and incapacities of the human
misunderstanding."-Ambrose Bierce (1906)