From:
Date:
Fri, 30 Sep 2016 02:58:42 -0400
From: Ann Connolly <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 14:56:48 -0700

*apologies for cross-posting*

Hi all,

Readership statistics are critical measures of impact. However,
distinguishing between computers and human readers of repository
content presents a significant technical challenge to the open access
community. While some bots are out there are crawling your content to
get it indexed in places like Google and other search engines, others
are trying to mimic humans and inflate your download counts.

At bepress, we've been battling to filter out the nefarious invaders
for more than a decade to keep these open access infestation problems
away from Digital Commons repositories. We’d like to invite you to a
webinar that shares how we ensure the reliability of download counts:

Title: Bot Shields: Activate! Ensuring Reliable Repository Download Statistics

Date/time: Thursday, October 13, 2016 at 11am Pacific/2pm Eastern

Register here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/3730808255839224578

In this webinar, we will share our ongoing and multifaceted approach
to identifying and filtering activity from robot sources for Digital
Commons repositories.

We hope you can join us!

Regards,

Ann

--
Ann Connolly
Director of Outreach and Scholarly Communication

(510) 665-1200 x174
www.bepress.com