From:
Date:
Thu, 12 Jul 2012 15:21:44 -0400
From: Anthony Watkinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 08:44:03 +0100

Sandy

Does AAUP expel publishers who do not exercise this high level of quality
control. I would be very interested in knowing how this is monitored. For
example does a university press who only uses reviewers from within the
university perceived as exercising a high level of quality control. This is
a genuine question. I know very little about AAUP procedures though back
early in the last decade I questionnaire all the university press members of
AAUP over work I was doing on electronic solutions to the problems of
monograph publishing and had a huge variety of replies which seemed to
indicate very different regimes.

Anthony