From:
Date:
Thu, 21 Mar 2013 21:02:13 -0400
From: Ken Masters <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 08:09:12 +0400

Hi All

Serious allegations indeed.  Perhaps some questions to put to him are:

- Do you have actual evidence beyond your own opinions?  (Not that
one's own opinions are necessarily invalid; it's just good to know
their basis, beyond speculation).

- Has this evidence (and your conclusions) been verified by other
independent professionals?

- Is the process by which you have arrived at your conclusions based
on established and professionally-recognised procedures, or have you
determined these yourself?

- As the allegations carry possible implications of criminality, has
any of this evidence been shown to law-enforcement officials?  If so,
what was their reaction; if not, why not?

- Do you have any conflict of interest in the matter (Not necessarily
financial - conflict of interest can come in many forms, including
status and recognition by the various parties involved, and by the
broader professional community).

He might simply be abusing principles of academic freedom and freedom
of speech to attack professional colleagues. Certainly wouldn't be the
first time that has happened.

Regards

Ken

Dr. Ken Masters
Asst. Professor: Medical Informatics
Medical Education Unit
College of Medicine & Health Sciences
Sultan Qaboos University
Sultanate of Oman
E-i-C: The Internet Journal of Medical Education