From:
Date:
Tue, 25 Oct 2016 19:07:08 -0400
From: "Jim O'Donnell" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 14:53:28 -0700

There's a lot of buzz around this story today.  A few days ago, it was
a less marked story about a personnel shift.  Now it has taken on
political overtones.

I'm struck remembering that during Hayden's hearing for confirmation,
a Missouri legislator seemed to take for granted that the Copyright
Office doesn't belong in LC at all; many people I respect think
there's no traction for a move, but this feels like the part of the
movie where the music gets a little more dramatic and the camera
angles suggestive.

I have to think that Hayden herself is smart and well-advised and is
acting thoughtfully, and I have confidence she'll steer towards a good
strategy.  But there might be sharks in that water.

Jim O'Donnell
ASU