From:
Date:
Sat, 11 May 2013 16:45:40 -0400
From: Ann Shumelda Okerson <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 16:35:17 -0400

Tim Nollen, of Macquarie Group, has asked to forward the following
survey to liblicense-l.  Tim recently spoke at a library consortium
meeting and suggested that the time is right for librarians to be
venturesome and to support new business models.  If you've a mind to,
you can answer his ensuing questions at:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/LGZF6C9

Tim also writes:

This is a simple survey of views on journal pricing and open content.
It is 100% guaranteed anonymous.

Who am I?

I am an equity research analyst with Macquarie Capital, based in New
York.  I follow the media industry, including publishing stocks such
as Reed Elsevier and Wolters Kluwer.

Who is Macquarie?

Macquarie Group is the largest investment bank in Australia, with an
expanding presence in Europe and North America.  We are a global
provider of banking, financial, advisory, investment and funds
management services.  Founded in 1969, Macquarie now employs nearly
15,000 people in nearly 30 countries. Macquarie Capital is the
equities research and brokerage arm of Macquarie Group.

Why am I doing this?

I am interested in the view of librarians as to scientific and
academic journal publishing trends, particularly with regards to open
access.

How will this information be used?

I intend to compile the results into a research report.  I assure you
that your responses and participation are 100% anonymous.  I will
share the report with anyone who is interested.

Tim Nollen
Equity Research - US and European Media
Macquarie Capital (USA)
125 W. 55th St, 23rd fl.