From:
Date:
Sun, 27 Sep 2015 13:33:27 -0400
From: Alex Holzman <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 22:33:59 -0400

I am sadly ignorant about Mr. Tracz's contributions pro or con and
hero is a subjective term anyway.  But I have to ask--why is being a
smart, strategic business innovator a disqualification for such a
designation?  I would think someone possessing the skills to
contribute to a business model that allowed the stability offered by
profit/surplus while achieving the prime mission of free access for
all end users would indeed have the potential to be a hero.

I'm not saying that is or isn't what happened--I have my doubts about
gold open access.  But then I'm also not convinced that the goal of
free access to all users is necessarily the best way to maximize
dissemination to all interested parties either--makes me much more a
heretic than poor Mr. Tracz, I reckon!

Alex Holzman