From:
Date:
Tue, 18 Dec 2012 20:26:22 -0500
From: Roddy Macleod <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 10:56:25 +0000

This discussion seems well over the top.

Editors with publishing and library experience, available to do the
background work, and backed up with scholarly reviewers - sounds OK to
me.  The SSD website looks well organised (and a lot better and easier
to use than some I've seen).  And, for goodness sakes - it's a
startup!

Something more relevant to warn against? How about all the 'predatory
journals' http://scholarlyoa.com/publishers/ and the 'Criminal
Impersonation' of faked postings

http://lisnews.org/listed_predatory_publishers_fight_back_with_criminal_impersonation

Or the rubbish stuff from some established journal publishers:

http://roddymacleod.wordpress.com/2012/10/24/rubbish-stuff-from-publishers-6/
http://roddymacleod.wordpress.com/2012/10/23/journal-publishers-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly-i-name-names/

Roddy MacLeod