From:
Date:
Tue, 17 Apr 2012 18:12:50 -0400
From: Bonnie Zavon <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 11:17:16 -0700

The Royal College of Physicians (RCP) is pleased to announce its new
partnership with HighWire Press to build and host its flagship, peer
reviewed journal, Clinical Medicine.

"We were seeking a sophisticated and reliable partner to help us
develop and expand the journal's online presence," said Hannah Cole,
Managing Editor, Publications, Royal College of Physicians. "We are
confident that the HighWire platform offers us a solid, future-proof
foundation, and are thrilled with the organization's strategic,
service-oriented approach to collaborative scholarly publishing."

Cutting-edge features on the HighWire ePublishing platform – seamless
cross-linking between articles and journals, increased user
engagement, customizable email alerts, user-friendly browsing tools,
improved visibility and reach – will enable readers of Clinical
Medicine to get the most out of the limited time they have available
for reading. HighWire's refined reporting features and the mobile and
mini-site options that are an integral part of HighWire's Open
Platform, were also on the RCP's radar as they considered their future
direction.

"We welcome the Royal College of Physicians into the HighWire
community of publishers," said Tom Rump, Managing Director of
HighWire. "Working with the HighWire platform will open doors to make
their content more visible, discoverable, and accessible, and allow
them to expand their reach."

[full press release: http://highwire.stanford.edu/PR/RCPpartnersHighWire.pdf]

Bonnie Zavon
Public Relations