From:
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2012 18:24:28 -0400
From: Susan Barribeau <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 17:33:46 -0500

Hullo,  We have done so here with varying degrees of success.

Since collaboration beyond a single institution is sometimes a feature
of these types of projects (including beyond the U.S.), that can
complicate things particularly if all institutions do not already
"own" the content. Note: a recent request involved content that we
lease/subscribe-to; no luck with the publishers with that. Yet.

EEBO files were one of the first requested for a project involving
researchers from multiple institutions beyond University of Wisconsin
- Madison and hosted/managed by the UW Libraries. That was roughly 3
years ago. As I recall we ended up signing "a local management
agreement" with the EEBO Text Creation Partnership. The project
resulted in the following:
http://litlab.stanford.edu/LiteraryLabPamphlet1.pdf

It was also published as an article "Quantitative Formalism: An
Experiment" which appeared in N+1, Issue Number 13 "Machine Politics"
and was authored by Sarah Allison, Ryan Heuser, Matthew Jockers,
Franco Moretti, and Michael Witmore (then at UW-Madison).

I am not aware that we are prepared with any sort of standardized
license language for this type of thing. Since then we have had a
number of other situations - similar yet all unique.

Susan Barribeau
English Literature/Journalism/Media/Linguistics Bibliographer
University of Wisconsin - Madison, Memorial Library, Room 278D
Phone:  (608)262-9585     FAX:  (608)265-2754
Email:  [log in to unmask]