From:
Date:
Wed, 14 Dec 2011 20:57:11 -0500
From: Sandy Thatcher <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 11:19:56 -0600

In my recent trips on airplanes, I'd estimate that reading was divided
almost equally between books and newspapers/magazines (the latter
often being the magazines supplied by the airlines themselves). Mostly
when i have been able to observe people using various laptops or
tablets I have seen them reading neither books nor
newspapers/magazines but playing some type of game or doing some type
of professional work (reading reports, etc.).

I have become more observant of such activity since reading Jim's
first report of his observations, though i don't attempt to be as
systematic as he is. Speaking to Laval's point, if i have an
interesting person to converse with seated next to me, I'll opt for
that over reading. On more than one occasion these conversations have
revealed the truth in the maxim about "six degrees of separation."

Sandy Thatcher