From:
Date:
Thu, 5 Jun 2014 02:49:02 -0400
From: Joseph Esposito <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2014 09:45:17 -0400

I encourage participants in this thread to read the excellent analysis
done at Cornell under a committee headed by Kizer Walker:

http://staffweb.library.cornell.edu/system/files/CollectionUsageTF_ReportFinal11-22-10.pdf

This is a study of book circulation in the Cornell libraries. It is
rigorously done.  Publishers who question why librarians are not
buying many of their books will find the report's findings to be
challenging.  Speaking for myself, it totally changed my perspective
on thinking strategically about academic publishing.

Joe Esposito