From:
Date:
Tue, 2 Jul 2013 21:22:31 -0400
From: Owen Stephens <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 09:34:13 +0100

On 1 Jul 2013, at 23:58, LIBLICENSE <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> From: "Hamaker, Charles" <[log in to unmask]>
> Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 15:50:21 +0000
>
> The main issue I've seen with KBART files I"m aware of , and perhaps
> this is ok under the standard definitions, but a difficulty for
> libraries trying to serve edn users who have earlier citations to
> forms no longer used,, is that they tend to only list the current
> title, without the history of title changes .

This is definitely an issue we've encountered in the KB+ project, but
not specifically linked to KBART - it seems reasonably common practice
for the lists of journals from publishers/content providers to only
list the current title - for example I think both Wiley and Project
Muse do this and the latter is not KBART format. We also find that
these files can often mix the current title with the older ISSN on
recent title changes. We are doing our best to untangle these - at the
moment this means listing out each title separately and adding notes
which indicate previous/current title.

For example the current KB+ version of the Project Muse Humanities
Collection can be downloaded (in KBART format) from
http://www.kbplus.ac.uk/kbplus/publicExport/pkg/205?format=csv&omitHeader=Y
- this includes (as far as we have been able to establish) all the
previous/current titles for each journal in the Project Muse
Humanities Collection. Our data this year is better than last year,
and I hope and believe it will continue to improve. As the KB+ project
works with the GOKb we should be able to deliver better listings for a
wider range of journal packages - but it is challenging work!

Owen