From:
Date:
Wed, 15 Aug 2012 16:56:48 -0400
From: Ann Okerson <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 15:30:59 +0300

Of possible interest, an adjustment to Wiley's licensing policies.  Ann Okerson

#######

From a Wiley Announcement:

John Wiley & Sons, Inc., today announced revised licensing
arrangements for proprietary journals published under the Wiley Open
Access program. The journals will adopt the Creative Commons
Attribution (CC-BY) licence which allows commercial use of published
articles.

The Wiley Open Access portfolio also includes journals published
with society partners, many of which will similarly transfer to the
Creative Commons Attribution licence.

Wiley is responding to recent developments in funder and
government policies and supports the sustainable evolution of
scientific publishing. The change will be implemented immediately.

[SNIP]

Rachel Burley, Vice President and Director, Open Access,
commented, “Wiley is committed to meeting the evolving needs of the
authors who wish to provide open access to the published articles that
convey the results of their research.”

Burley continued, “Our announcement today concerns Wiley’s fully
open access journals. We are also reviewing the licensing arrangements
for our hybrid program OnlineOpen, our open access option for
individual articles published in subscription journals. In
consultation with our publishing partners, we aim to continue to
develop and deliver sustainable open access products providing author
choice and high levels of service.”

Complete Announcement at:
http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/PressRelease/pressReleaseId-104537.html