From:
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2017 14:25:10 -0400
From: Sunshine Carter <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 08:58:34 -0500

Peter,

For negotiated licenses, I always ask to make one-sided clauses mutual
(eg. neither party may x without the consent of the other party, etc.;
this goes for assignment, amendment, logos, etc.). This is not only
fair, but a requirement of our institution. I can only think of one
instance for an negotiated license where an amendable change request
was refused by the publisher, and so we refused to acquire the
resource.  As you said, why go through the trouble of negotiating a
license when those changes could be changed tomorrow (no matter how
hypothetical those changes may be).

In regards to working with selectors...I update our selectors along
the entire process of negotiation, they are usually CC'd in any
correspondence regarding license negotiations.

Hope that helps.

Sunshine

--
Sunshine J. Carter
Electronic Resources Librarian & ERM Unit Manager