From:
Date:
Thu, 19 Jan 2017 23:40:18 -0500
From: Karen Minton <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 21:07:49 +0000

Join the GALILEE Team

GALILEO, Georgia's Virtual Library, is seeking a talented and creative
librarian to be our Acquisitions and Electronic Resources Coordinator.
The person hired for this position will have a remarkable opportunity
to work with vendors large and small, manage and curate licensed
content, and serve the GALILEO community through outreach and
training. GALILEO is staffed by a committed group of library
professionals, who manage content, licensing, marketing, assessment,
technology, development, support, and training for our users.

Click here <http://bit.ly/2jHT1y2> to learn more about the position
and to apply.

Applications must be received by: February 17, 2017.

About GALILEE

GALILEO is part of the Library Services Division of the University
System of Georgia Board of Regents. Created in 1995, GALILEO was one
of the first efforts to build a shared library for the citizens of a
state. Initially designed to serve the university system, GALILEO is
now available in all Georgia's public libraries, public and private
universities, colleges, and technical colleges, and public and private
K12 schools.

It is an exciting time to work at GALILEO.  Under new leadership, we
are working with the University of Georgia's Carl Vinson Institute of
Government to create a new strategic plan that will help us to address
effectively the needs of our stakeholders for many years to come.
The University System of Georgia is implementing a new Library
Management System, which will improve overall access to information
resources and allow us better management of electronic resources for
the state's universities and colleges.

GALILEO is also helping Georgia to lead the way on open textbooks with
the Affordable Learning Georgia program. Through adoptions and
adaptations of OER and no-cost resources, University System of Georgia
professors are already saving students over $16,000,000 in textbook
cost savings in FY 15-16 through Textbook Transformation Grants and a
partnership with eCore to support a zero-textbook-cost option for the
first two years of college.

Athens, Ga.:  Relocation is required for this position.

We love living in Athens! Athens, Georgia and its surrounding cities
(Watkinsville, Bogart, Winterville, Commerce, Danielsville,
Gainesville, Lexington and more), nestled quietly in the foothills of
the northeast Georgia mountains about 70 miles east of Atlanta,
provide award winning restaurants, great parks and recreation
opportunities, outstanding public and academic libraries, and of
course, our famous music scene. GALILEO headquarters is located in a
quiet office park with free staff parking about 8 miles from the
University of Georgia campus and downtown Athens.

Questions?
If you have questions about the details of the position, please
contact Lucy Harrison, Assistant Vice Chancellor for Academic Library
Services and Executive Director of GALILEO, at

Best,
Karen

Karen Minton
GALILEO Assessment and Marketing Manager
Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia
2500 Daniells Bridge Road, Building 300
Athens, GA  30606-3539
Phone:  (706) 583-2141 | Fax:  (706) 583-2294
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | http://www.galileo.usg.edu