From:
Date:
Thu, 16 May 2013 19:50:32 -0400
From: Mary Ann Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 10:06:43 -0500

**Please excuse cross posting**

MSU Libraries eResources and Emerging Technologies Summit (LEETS) is
excited to announce the speakers for the 2013 event.

Kicking off the summit will be one of Library Journal's 2013 Movers &
Shakers, Matthew Reidsma from Grand Valley State University. The
website designer and Librarian was one of the first advocates for
responsive web design. Colleagues say he has a "practical,
human-centered approach to web development." Matthew believes design
should be about meeting the specific needs of your audience and
thinking about whom you are targeting. His talk will highlight our
emerging tech-focused day.

On Friday, our eResource-focused conference day, we will welcome Marie
Kennedy from Loyola Marymount University, who will speak about how to
market electronic resources by identifying best practices on how to
implement a marketing plan for your library.  Chris Bulock from
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville will present about
challenges to perpetual access and strategies for working through
those challenges to maintain accurate access to lapsed subscriptions.
And, Nathan Hosburgh from Montana State University will describe how
his library approaches troubleshooting access while focused on the
user.

Please keep a watch for more detailed information about each speaker
at our website http://blogs.library.msstate.edu/msuleets/ where we
will soon post abstracts and bios for each speaker.

Due to several requests, we have extended the deadline for
Steal-This-Idea and Poster Session proposals until Friday, May 24. If
you have put off sending us your great ideas, don't wait any longer!
We want to hear from you.

Registration for this year's summit will open on June 3. Make your
plans now to attend LEETS August 1st & 2nd so you don't miss out on
any of these dynamic, evolving eResources and emerging technologies
topics.

MSU LEETS Committee co-chairs

Mary Ann Jones ([log in to unmask])

Karen Davidson ([log in to unmask])