From:
Date:
Sat, 15 Sep 2012 14:44:03 -0400
From: Xiaotian Chen <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 18:26:29 -0500

I have yet to see empirical studies proving subscription-based
databases can have better hits than free indexes.  And we are losing
users as we use their money or tax money to convince them
subscription-based databases are better.

Time to move on, before we become totally irrelevant, as more and more
users start searches from PubMed, GS or another free index, and end
their searches on OA or free articles.

---
Xiaotian Chen
Electronic Services Librarian