From:
Date:
Sun, 12 Jul 2015 22:19:41 -0400
From: David Prosser <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2015 10:03:46 +0000

Gosh, I wish this was true.  I wish that we were all just one big
happy family striving to promote scholarship.  But I don’t think we
are.  We all have different priorities and drivers and sometimes those
drivers and priorities clash.  That’s not necessarily anybody’s
‘fault' - it is just the way the system works.  But the notion that an
academic wanting to publish in a high impact journal, a librarian
worried about the cost of that journal, and the shareholder of a
commercial publisher wanting to see the profits of that journal
maximised all share a common ethos is, to me at least, wishful
thinking.

David