From:
Date:
Sun, 9 Jun 2013 13:28:50 -0400
From: Laval Hunsucker <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2013 07:55:03 -0700

May I just quickly point out that the just-out 6 June issue of Times
Higher Education contains, I notice, an opinion piece ( entitled
"Green-eyed, no monster" ) by Gabriel Egan, director of the
Centre for Textual Studies at De Montfort University, arguing
"that the move to open access is desirable and inevitable for the
arts as well as the sciences".  [ By "the arts" he here means, in
accord with the not infrequent British usage, what many of us
would normally call "the humanities", in general. ]

Not unusually radical or visionary in formulation, but a strong
plea, and one whose appearance some folks here might want to
take note of, in any case.

- Laval Hunsucker
  Breukelen, Nederland