From:
Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 2017 16:07:55 -0400
From: Joseph Esposito <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2017 21:03:17 -0400

I don't know what Hindawi's finances look like, but if they indeed
have a 50% margin, more power to them. But let't not overlook that
Hindawi is an open access publisher. High margins at H, if they indeed
have them, thus cannot be due to a monopoly or the sale of
aggregations.

In general, I find discussions of publishing not to be anchored in
evidence. That doesn't mean that the positions of OA advocates are
wrong; it simply means that they are ill-informed.

Joe Esposito