From:
Date:
Sun, 8 Sep 2013 17:01:01 -0400
From: "Hoon, Peggy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 15:30:19 +0000

Some time ago I became intrigued with trying figure out the difference
between a derivative work and a transformative use (in response to Sandy's
question).  I did quite a bit of research on this topic resulting in the
following post:

http://www-apps.umuc.edu/blog/collectanea/2011/04/making-sense-of-derivativ
e-wor.html

"Making Sense of Derivative Works, Transformative Uses and Fair Use".
Sandy used to read Collectanea at one time, so perhaps he has already read
this - I would point him back to it (and others) for comment.  I also
highly recommend the law review article I refer to in it.

Best, Peggy

--
Peggy E. Hoon, J.D.
Scholarly Communications Librarian