From:
Date:
Mon, 21 Mar 2016 18:29:09 -0400
From: Ari Belenkiy <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 00:18:41 -0700

David,

I know only of one. But quite a remarkable one!

You probably heard of Gregory Perelman's three papers on arxiv that
solved Poincare conjecture. The papers didn't cover all the small gaps
in the proof which led to counter-claims by two Chinese contenders.

The situation stirred quite a wave of emotions and led to Perelman's
refusal to accept the Fields Prize in 2006 in Madrid.

Ari Belenkiy