From:
Date:
Tue, 10 Jun 2014 11:47:09 -0400
From: Richard James <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 07:31:52 -0400

Joe- would it be improved in the same way that the quality of U.S.
movies is improved through the industry's detailed knowledge of
attendance? The result of that data has been endless regurgitation of
themes and topics, sequel after sequel, an almost monolithic
reluctance to innovate or take chances. To some extent, you're asking
libraries to pay into a scheme that might contribute to reducing the
dissemination of ideas, and so I doubt you'll find too many librarians
will be interested in participating. This one certainly isn't, absent
a more compelling argument.