From:
Date:
Thu, 9 Jul 2015 20:53:32 -0400
From: Kevin Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2015 14:34:32 +0000

Just wanted to let members of this list know that the MOOC on
Copyright for Educators and Librarians, done by Lisa Macklin, Anne
Gilliland and me, which ran for the first time last July on the
Coursera platform, is now available in an on-demand format.  It is
still on Coursera and still free, but now can be begun at any time and
consulted in any order that an individual participant wishes. We hope
this will work well for new participants, and also allow those who
have already taken the course to review materials and seek out
portions that might be helpful for specific situations as they arise.

The course can be accessed at
https://www.coursera.org/learn/copyright-for-education

Also, the three of us have just finished filming for a second
copyright MOOC, which will address copyright and usage for different
formats -- data, images, music and film.  Filming the lectures is a
big step, but not the end of the road, so we hope to release this MOOC
-- in the same on-demand format -- in the Fall.

Kevin L. Smith
Director, Copyright & Scholarly Communication
Duke University Libraries